With all the competition in the Intown Atlanta real estate market (or any real estate market! ) it is so important to present your home in its 'best light'. To follow are five inexpensive ideas that will help your home look light, bright and airy...
1) Let the sun shine in -- Open all the curtains and window shades. Add a small lamp or uplight to dark corners. If you have dark curtains, consider replacing with white sheer curtains.
2) Increase your wattage -- Replace your 40W or 60W lightbulbs with 100W bulbs to brighten things up and make the room feel larger. ** Please be sure that your lamp can handle the higher watt bulb.
3) Reflect the light -- Add mirrors to walls that are across from a window. The mirror will pick up the light streaming in from the window and trust me, it really makes a difference.
4) Don't block the light -- Clean your windows inside and out. Also, remove any excess furniture from your rooms -- especially furniture that blocks all or part of a window.
5) Turn it on -- In the evenings, turn on all of the lights in the front of your home so when people drive by, they will see that it looks warm and inviting. Also, when someone is coming to view your home, turn on EVERY light in your home... even if it is 10:00 am!
If you are thinking of selling your Intown Atlanta or Decatur home, please don't hesitate to call me at (404) 432.1844. I really enjoy helping sellers prepare their home for sale -- and helping them sell it for top dollar!
KERRY LUCASSE :: ATLANTA REALTOR : KELLER WILLIAMS :: (404) 432.1844
Call anytime @ 404.432.1844
In & Around Atlanta Real Estate Blog - Copyright 2006 - 2014 by Kerry Lucasse and the Nest Atlanta team with eXp Realty Atlanta. All information contained in this blog is deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. If you need assistance with Intown Atlanta real estate, Kerry Lucasse and the Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group are always available to assist you with your residential real estate needs!
eXp Realty :: 508 Flat Shoals Ave :: Atlanta, GA 30316 :: 770-361-7068